Russell Falls, Mount Field NP
Immerse yourself in wilderness, waterfalls and wildlife on this amazing tour to the pristine rainforests of Mount Field National Park.
TUESDAY & THURSDAY
As we leave Hobart and follow the Derwent River into the beautiful Derwent Valley, keep a look out for native birds along the shores of the river. Passing through the hop fields of Bushy Park we visit the Salmon Ponds and Trout Fishing Museum. Set amidst historic surrounds within original and stunning English parklands, this is the oldest trout hatchery in the Southern Hemisphere (est. 1864). Enjoy a complimentary morning tea, perhaps feed the trout and salmon and visit the museum.
Arriving at Mt Field National Park, start with an easy guided walking tour through a canopy of temperate rainforest, among the fern glades to view crystal clear waters and the spectacle of Russell Falls. Soak up the serenity and atmosphere as we stroll alongside forest streams. Plenty of time to enjoy lunch (at your own expense) in the park before we head back to Hobart.
- Depart Hobart and travel north-west, skirting Mt Wellington, following the River Derwent
- Look for native birds along the shorelines
- Visit Salmon Ponds and Trout Fishing Museum
- Opportunity to feed the salmon and trout
- Experience the rainforest fern glades
- Witness the spectacular Russell Falls and Mt Field National Park on a guided walking experience
- Coach touring and commentary
- Morning tea
- Entry into Mt Field National Park
- Guided walking experience
Hobart city hotel pick-up and drop-off, Mt Field National Park entry, morning tea, plus tea & coffee is included.
FREE WIFI on coach, subject to availability.
Do you love historic tours?