Hobart City Historic
Sites and Gardens
Our professional team are highly experienced, efficient and friendly.
Experience Tasmania provide a range of quality half day tours to popular destinations in Tasmania. Our half day bus and coach tours depart from Hobart.
Our half day tours are fully escorted with live commentary by our local driver/guides throughout the journey. Ideal for those with limited time.
Consider combining some of our half day tours for a full day tour experience to get the most out of your time while visiting Tasmania.
Historic Tour Highlights
- Depart from Hobart and travel across Hobart’s Tasman Bridge
- Richmond photo stop
- Tasman Peninsula and Tasman National Park
- Rugged coastline views
- Port Arthur Historic Site – entry & guided walking tour
- Harbour Cruise around “Isle of the Dead”
- Free time to explore
- Optional Remarkable Caves tour
- Cross the Tasman bridge, drive through the Coal River Valley
- Cross Richmond Bridge – oldest convict road bridge in Australia
- Time to explore Richmond – the bridge, gaol, convict-built homes, classic Georgian mansions and small cottages, shops, galleries and restaurants
Hobart City Historic sites and gardens
- Sullivans Cove
- Parliament House
- Salamanca Place
- Princes Park
- Battery Point
- Cascade Gardens
- Female Factory
- Hobart Town Hall
- Penitentiary Chapel
- Queen’s Domain
- Tasman Bridge
- Rosny Hill Lookout
- Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens
- Coach touring and commentary
- Drive through Richmond
- Enjoy East Coast Tasmania scenery
- Boat trip to Maria Island
- Introductory park tour
- Wildlife encounters
- Short walks
- European history
- Free time to explore with great photo opportunities
- Visit Fossil Cliffs or Painted Cliffs
We offer premium touring with our friendly, personalised service and experienced driver/guides guarantee your tour to be an informed, fun filled experience.
Our full day bus tours from Hobart depart from Brooke Street Pier and Tasmanian Travel Centre. Free hotel courtesy pick-ups on request. Tour departure time varies but is usually from 7.30am from hotel pickups to 8am departure from Brooke Street Pier and Tasmanian Travel Centre.
Please be prepared for inclement weather, even in the Summer months in Tasmania.
*Free WIFI on coach, subject to availability